Last updated on October 5th, 2023 at 12:05 pm3 minutes read
Shopee brings you SPayLater, a flexible payment option that lets you make purchases today and settle the bill later.
In a bid to enhance the online shopping experience, Shopee has unveiled SPayLater, a payment alternative that offers appealing financing arrangements to eligible online shoppers. Much like credit card transactions, this “pay later” choice empowers buyers to either pay for their orders in full or break it down into convenient monthly installments.
Requirements for Shopee SPayLater
To qualify for SPayLater, here’s what you need:
- You should be a Filipino citizen.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Possess one valid ID, like a UMID.
Activating Shopee SPayLater
If you spot the SPayLater option in your account, you’re eligible for activation. Here’s how to get started:
Step 1: Open Shopee App and select SPayLater.
Step 2: Click “Activate Now” when you see the SPayLater option in your account.
Step 3: Enter the code sent to your registered mobile number and upload a clear image of a valid ID. Then, click ‘Confirm.’
Step 4: Await the verification process. Once verified, you’ll receive a congratulatory message, confirming the activation of SPayLater. Don’t forget to select your preferred due date, either the 5th or 15th of each month.
LEARN MORE FROM THESE
- If You’re Not Using These Chrome Shortcuts, You’re Doing it Wrong
- How to Avoid Smishing Scams: Protect Your Personal Information
- Simplify with Globe GoRENEW: Effortless Promo Renewal
- Unlock a World of Benefits with the UnionBank Rewards Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Earn money through Involve Asia Affiliate Marketing
SPayLater incurs an interest rate ranging from 1% to 5% per month, contingent on your total bill amount. Paying on time helps you avoid additional charges.
- Processing Fee: 0-2% of the total amount
- Interest Rate: 1-5% per month on the total order
- Late Payment Fee: The interest rate is determined by your personal credit profile, ranging from 2.5% to 5%.
This monthly rate is applied to the outstanding balance.
SPayLater operates much like a credit card, but it’s virtual and can only be used on Shopee. While it provides convenience and the ability to acquire what you desire promptly, it’s essential to exercise prudence to prevent excessive spending and potential debt.
So, what’s your take on SPayLater? Share your thoughts in the comments section!